School Councillors and Rights Ambassadors speak out!! Read more on the News section.
our time to shine.It's
Welcome to Thorpe Willoughby Primary School.
On behalf of the children, staff and Governors we would like to welcome you to our school.
Thorpe Willoughby Primary School is a Rights’ Respecting School that likes to celebrate success – in all aspects of school life.
The life of the school is driven by enthusiasm and a desire to achieve. We aim to bring learning alive, making it exciting and stimulating. We want to give our children a thirst for learning that continues with them through life allowing them to develop the independence, responsibility and skills to become well rounded young people of the 21st century.
These aims were reflected and celebrated in the Ofsted report in November 2015. The report said that Thorpe Willoughby School is a good school and notes that our children have ‘ an impressive understanding of their rights and the responsibilities that goes with them’. The report highlighted the following positive aspects of the school:
* Outcomes for pupils are good because, from their starting points, pupils make good progress in a broad range of subjects including mathematics and English.
* Pupils are keen to learn… and are proud of their work.
* The curriculum provides a wealth of exciting opportunities that broaden pupils’ experiences….. and contributes exceptionally well to pupil’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
* Behaviour is good. Pupils are polite, courteous and welcoming to visitors….they say they enjoy being in school and are well looked after.’
* Pupils make good progress in their learning and develop good interpersonal skills.
* Teaching assistants work skilfully with individuals or groups of pupils both inside and outside the classroom.
* The head teacher and governors have developed a strong sense of purpose amongst all staff and are ambitious for pupils.
* Parents and staff are unreservedly positive about children’s safety.
An essential ingredient for this to happen is teamwork. We view education as a joint venture, involving everyone – children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community. We hope that we can continue to depend on your co-operation and support in this partnership, knowing that together we can provide the best for your child.
We look forward to sharing your child’s learning with you, working together and celebrating our future successes.
Mrs Sue Brown
Whether you are a current student or a parent looking for a school for your child, we hope that you will find this site to be a useful source of information about all aspects of life at our school.
We have a list of Frequently Asked Questions which you may find useful. Click HERE.
Please click on the links at the top of the page to explore our website.
If you would like this information in another language or format such as Braille, large print or audio, please ask us.
Aby otrzymaæ te informacje w innym jêzyku lub formacie, np. w alfabecie brajla, w wersji du¿ym drukiem lub audio,
prosimy siê z nami skontaktowaæ.